Published On: Fri, Nov 10th, 2017

Netflix cancels new Louis C.K. standup special and his film is reportedly shelved, says distributor

NEW YORK—Netflix has scrapped plans for an upcoming Louis C.K. standup special in light of five women’s allegations of sexual misconduct against the comedian.

The streaming service says it finds the allegations in the story published in the New York Times on Thursday “disturbing.”

Netflix on Friday cited “unprofessional and inappropriate behaviour with female colleagues” as the reason for not producing the special. It would have been the network’s second stand up special with C.K. Numerous projects have been shelved due to the accusations, including release of C.K.’s feature film I Love You, Daddy, and HBO has removed his work from its on-demand video streaming service.

C.K. has not commented publicly on the allegations.

Comedian Louis C.K. has been accused of misconduct towards several women, according to a report in the New York Times. The New York premiere of Louis C.K.’s movie “I Love You, Daddy” was cancelled Thursday night and his scheduled appearance on the late show with Stephen Colbert was also cancelled.

Article Continued Below

Indie film distributor The Orchards said earlier that I Love You, Daddy will not be released, following a report on sexual misconduct by the comedian. Tickets are still being listed as for sale, however, as of Friday morning via the comedian’s website.

The film, which screened at TIFF, was set for release on Nov. 17 in Chicago, New York and Los Angeles. The film’s New York premiere was also cancelled on Thursday.

The Friday announcement came after The New York Times on Thursday reported that C.K. has masturbated in front of five women comedians and actresses.

C.K. has not responded to the allegations.

Meanwhile, the BBC says it is pulling a new Agatha Christie adaptation from its television schedule because of sexual assault allegations against actor Ed Westwick.

Westwick appears in mystery thriller Ordeal by Innocence, which had been due to run over the Christmas period.

The BBC said Friday that “these are serious allegations which Ed Westwick has strenuously denied. The BBC is not making any judgment but until these matters are resolved we will not include ‘Ordeal by Innocence’ in the schedules.”

The broadcaster said Westwick has also paused filming on the 1980s-set sitcom White Gold.

Police in Los Angeles said Thursday they are investigating a sexual assault report filed against former Gossip Girl star Westwick.

In a Facebook post on Monday, actress Kristina Cohen said that Westwick sexually assaulted her three years ago. Westwick has denied the allegation. A second actress, Aurelie Wynn, also accused Westwick of sexually assaulting her in a Facebook post on Thursday.

With files from Star staff

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

TORONTO STAR

Submitted by:

- Blue-collar guy interested in politics, business, and internet - Fan of sports and leisure - Movie buff

Leave a comment

Netflix cancels new Louis C.K. standup special and his film is reportedly shelved, says distributor